Dr. Janzen uses a Theralase Therapeutic Laser for the safe and effective treatment of acute and chronic pain from muscle and joint conditions. Theralase is state of the art technology that is becoming more and more popular for people looking for fast treatment for their pain with no side effects.
What is Laser Therapy?
Laser therapy provides an external source of pure light energy to the body. Lasers work by providing the body with energy in the form of billions of photons of light, which allow the body to enhance its own repair. The biostimulating effect of laser therapy provides anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-swelling effects on the tissues.
Who can benefit?
People who suffer from a wide range of muscle or joint conditions, such as acute or chronic pain related injuries, strains, sprains, and arthritis can benefit from this fast and painless treatment. Some of the conditions that have responded well to laser therapy are
- tennis and/or golfers elbow
- heel cushion pain(plantar fasciitis)
- shoulder and rotator cuff injuries
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- repetitive strain or overuse injuries
The benefits of Laser Therapy include:
- Decreased inflammation
- Increased blood flow to the injured site
- Decreased pain
- Minimized formation of scar tissue
- Growth of new, healthy tissues
- Applied immediately after injury
- Speeds up recovery